Burnage Academy For Boys Facility Hire Charges + Opening Times
Community Hire includes hire of halls, rooms etc..
NB. The hire of facilities for sports and physical recreation are dealt within Table B.
|Description||Mon – Fri||Saturday||Sunday||Off Peak|
|Hire of a room including tables and chairs||£19.50||£21.50||£24.50||N/A|
|Hire of a room including tables and chairs with the provision of light refreshments (tea & Coffee)||£19.50 + £0.90/person||£21.50 + £0.90/person||£24.50 + £0.90/person||N/A|
|Hire of a room including tables and chairs where the catering is supplied by the school.||£19.50 + Price on application||£21.50 + Price on application||£24.50 + Price on application||N/A|
|Hire of a room including tables and chairs, flipchart and overhead projector*.||£24.50||£26.50||£29.50||N/A|
|Hire of a room including tables and chairs and the use of computer facilities*.||£29.50 + VAT||£31.50 + VAT||£34.50 + VAT||N/A|
|Non commercial rate|
|Hire of a hall without the use of any equipment||£30.50/hr||£38.50/hr||£48.50/hr||£25.50/hr|
|Hire of a hall & Extension without the use of any equipment||£40.50/hr||£48.50/hr||£58.50/hr||£30.50/hr|
|Hire of a hall without the use of any equipment
(See Table C)
|£220 (3hrs) + VAT||£290 (3hrs) + VAT||£350 (3hrs) + VAT||N/A|
|Hire of the main hall (theatre) to a theatre group to put on a play. The theatre group operates the theatre and retains the box office takings ^||£275 (3hrs) + VAT||£330 (3hrs) + VAT||£400 (3hrs) + VAT||N/A|
|Hire of the main hall (theatre) to a theatre group to put on a play. The theatre retains the box office takings. The school provides staff to operate the theatre.^||£275 (3hrs) + £15/staff/hr + VAT||£330 (3hrs) + £19/staff/hr + VAT||£400 (3hrs) + £25/staff/hr + VAT||N/A|
Lettings of Facilities for Sports and Physical Recreation
|Facility||*Monday – Thursday||*Friday||*Saturday||*Sunday||Off Peak|
|^Sports Hall||£28.50 + VAT*||£25.50 + VAT||£30.50 + VAT||£35.50 +VAT||£23.50 + VAT|
|Arena+||£12.00 + VAT*||£12.00 +VAT||£14.00 +VAT||£15.00 +VAT||£10.00 + VAT|
|3G Pitch||£38.50 + VAT||35.50 +VAT||£35.50 +VAT||£35.50 +VAT||£33.50|
^ The Sports Hall, Main Hall and its extension may not be available for hiring during the months of December to mid-January (New Year) for Mock & GCSE exams and for another five (5) weeks during GCSE exams, i.e. from last week of May.
Storage: Storage for PE kit/equipment belonging to clubs, community groups, etc. using school facilities is not available. School will not be held responsible for any loss or damage to equipment brought on site by clubs/community groups using school’s sports facilities.
Sports Hall Showers: Shower usage is not included in any of the above prices for teams using the 3G pitch.
All hirers must:
• carry sufficient Third Party Liability insurance to satisfy Manchester City Council requirements (currently a minimum of £10 million) and;
• undertake own risk assessment for proposed activity.
If the letting is for a continuous period of more than 24 hours or for a series of ten or more periods, and the letting arrangements comply with the following conditions, the income from the hire charge will be exempt from VAT. These conditions are:
• Each series of lets consist of 10 or more sessions;
• Each session is for the same sport or activity;
• Each session is in the same place, although a different pitch, court or lane, or different number of pitches, courts or lanes is acceptable;
• The interval between each session is at least 1 day but not more than 14 days. The duration of the sessions may be varied, however, there is no exception for intervals greater than 14 days through the closure of the facility for any reason – including summer holidays;
• The series is to be paid for as a whole and there is written evidence to that fact. This must include evidence that payment is to be made in full whether or not the right to use the facility for any specific session is actually exercised. Provision for a refund given by the provider in the event of the unforeseen non-availability of their facility would not affect this condition;
• The facilities are let out to a school, club, association or organisation representing affiliated clubs or constituent associations, such as a local league;
• The person to whom the facilities are let has exclusive use of them during the sessions.
C) Additional charges:
Hire of additional chairs/trestle tables, etc.
• Up to 100 items £30.00 + VAT
• Up to 200 items £40.00 + VAT
D) Catering staff wages additional and subject to VAT.
CANTEEN/ FOOD WARM UP
A minimum charge of £30 will be added to the above if the canteen hot cupboard(s) are required. Final prices to be quoted on time of event for time and number of appliances required.
Note: The use of catering equipment must be operated by catering staff employed by school.
E) Any request for the use of accommodation to prepare for a private or commercial function will be charged at the following rates:
|Private Events & Commercial Lettings|
|Sports Hall, Main Hall|
|3 hours||6 hours||9 hours|
|Monday-Friday||£220 + VAT||£420 + VAT||£550 +VAT|
|Saturday||£290 + VAT||£500 + VAT||£700 + VAT|
|Sunday||£350 + VAT||£580 +VAT||£670 + VAT|
If the space is let to another Manchester school or a department of Manchester City Council, the letting is outside the scope of VAT. The VAT rules stated above do not apply.